This photograph was exciting to me because it captured all the light from the cars. This was done by leaving the shutter open for 5 seconds, which is an extended period of time, and zooming in and out while it was open. This photograph shows the motion the the cars headlights as they move through the intersection of Fourth Avenue and Sixth Street. To me this photograph captures the lively hood of Fourth Avenue and shows that even at 11 pm there is a lot of commotion downtown.
Monday, October 19, 2009
"Lights on Fourth"
This photograph was exciting to me because it captured all the light from the cars. This was done by leaving the shutter open for 5 seconds, which is an extended period of time, and zooming in and out while it was open. This photograph shows the motion the the cars headlights as they move through the intersection of Fourth Avenue and Sixth Street. To me this photograph captures the lively hood of Fourth Avenue and shows that even at 11 pm there is a lot of commotion downtown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like how you manipulated your camera to take this shot... I'm jealous of your camera. I think it's cool because most people wouldn't think of Tuscon as being a busy place and would expect a picture like this in NYC. I do like how you zoomed in and out, but I think it would have been more interesting if you would have approached it from a different angle and left the shutter open for longer, without zooming to just get a smoother trail of lights (bit crisper light) from cars and surrounding buildings.
ReplyDelete